Born and Bred in New Jersey, Cherish received her Bachelors in anthropology from Montclair State University, and master’s in human resource management from Southern New Hampshire University. Her first HR/recruiting gig was for a friend looking to hire interns for her new radio personality show. Cherish designed and implemented the entire recruitment and selection process for the internship program, which she says “turned out to be the greatest 10-week learning experience for me, my former manager, and the interns we hired.”
Cherish recently joined ProMed Staffing Resources and has already become a force to be reckoned with!
- Can you talk about your experience as a recruiter?
My experience as a recruiter has been a fulfilling one. I have received much gratitude and thanks from many of my candidates that I have placed in the positions that they desired. That feeling of bringing people joy and helping someone find employment brings me to work every day!
- What is your mantra for life and work?
“Never stop learning!” Literally, every day is a new learning experience, and it is very important to take mental notes of life’s lessons because they will always have to be recalled again.
- Tell us about your most interesting hire.
My most interesting hire was a nice, sassy, seasoned lady. Every time I spoke to her, she would tell me the most interesting and surprising stories about her past that would make my stomach hurt from laughter. She was very diligent and cooperative in working with me, and my team and I respected her a lot for being prompt and upfront about everything throughout the process.
- The best thing about working at ProMed Staffing Resources?
Being a recruiter in the healthcare industry
- Tell us three things about you that people might not guess about you?
– I love to go to the church
– I do pottery
– I love to play basketball
- what do you like to do outside of work?
I like to binge watch a good Netflix show and read books that enhance my knowledge on how to improve my organization.
- If you could visit anywhere in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
First Paris, then Greece
- What is your all-time favorite show?
- At which store would you like to max out your credit card?
H&M and Amazon
- Choose a movie title for the story of your life.
If you are looking for new nursing opportunities, email Cherish at firstname.lastname@example.org.